Do You Have a Question About a Work of Art?
Do you need to know more about an oil painting, watercolor, drawing, sculpture, photograph or limited edition print? We have the answers you are looking for.
We appraise works of fine art dating from the 15th to the 21st Century.
Do you want to know exactly what it is that you have and how much it is worth in today’s market?
Art Services 2000 Ltd. is a privately owned independent firm that provides private clients, organizations, institutions and government agencies with professional fine art services, including art appraisals, research, consulting, art advisory and international sales brokerage services.
We provide all of the major types of appraisals including:
- Insurance Replacement Value: for protecting your art collection in case of loss or damage
- Fair Market Value: for wills, trusts, estates, divorce, equitable distribution among heirs, IRS form 8283 charitable donations
- Market Value: for sales, marketing, pre-purchase advisory, asset and collateral evaluation
It is important to know exactly what you have and its true worth in order to make an informed decision about your valuable artworks.
Contact us today for a free initial on-line review of your work of art
Call us at: (386) 742-6786 or email us at email@example.com
for more information.
Make sure to hire an experienced, trained and tested professional fine art appraiser who holds a fine art degree and is a current fully accredited member in of one of the three personal property appraisal organizations recognized by
The Appraisal Foundation.
International Society of Appraisers (ISA)
American Association of Appraisers (AAA)
American Society of Appraisers (ASA)
Beware of appraisers who list these organizations but are not current members in good standing and If they are not currently USPAP trained and compliant (Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice) they are not IRS qualified All ISA, AAA and ASA members are required to abide by a Professional Code of Ethics.
Unlike many generalist appraisers who value antiques,
ceramics, silver, furniture, rugs, collectibles and other decorative items:
FINE ART IS OUR ONLY BUSINESS.
Fine Art Consulting and Research
We serve our clients with full professional fine art consulting services
- Professional Fine Art Appraisal Documents
- Services for the Legal Profession including Expert Witness Testimony and Depositions
- Reviews and Inspections of Artist’s Estates and Private Collections
- Art Collection Inventories and Documentation of Institutional Collections
- Advisory services for fine art presentation, conservation, repair and restoration
- Arrangements for fine art handling, crating and transportation services
- Pre-Purchase advisory for Buyers
- Authentication by the correct expert or officially recognized authorities
- Provenance Research and Due Dilligence
- Fine Art Sales Brokerage Services (please see the Brokerage page of this website)
- Public Fine Art Lecture Series and Consulting Days
Fine Art Appraisals
We offer both in person and online appraisals for all our clients
Now in our 20th year Art Services 2000 Ltd is an fully independent fine art appraisal firm that appraises individual original works of fine art and as well as entire fine art collections from Old Masters starting in the 15th to the art of the 21st Century.
As a fully Accredited Member of the International Society of Appraisers we are trained and tested, USPAP compliant, IRS qualified and adhere to the ISA Code of Ethics.
We conduct our research with due diligence and document our reports in detail. Our research archives consist of our own large fine art reference library and professional level subscriptions to international fine art databases. We conduct our in depth research worldwide and work with major museums, archives and expert art scholars.
WE CAN APPRAISE YOUR PAINTINGS, WATERCOLORS, DRAWINGS, PRINTS, SCULPTURE AND PHOTOGRAPHS
Our confidential art appraisal reports are conducted for the following specific purposes:
Insurance Replacement Value Appraisals to document and correctly value your artworks to protect them in case of loss or damage Fair Market Value Appraisals for financial and legacy planning
- estates, wills, trusts
- equitable distribution of assets
- cases of inheritance and divorce
- and tax deductible IRS charitable donations
Market Value Appraisals for sales and marketing
- pre-purchase advisory
- collateral valuation of non-cash assets
- We can meet your specific legal requirements and when required we can provide Expert Witness testimony and depositions for all of our art appraisal report documents.
- We serve a national and international clientele. Do you live in a remote area ? Please know that we are available to travel both nationally and internationally to value our client’s artworks and collections on short notice.
- We can also conduct a full service appraisal online from your information and images
- Do you have an emergency situation or one that requires meeting a rapidly approaching deadline? We are fully prepared to professionally deal with emergency and / or unusual situations on short notice.
WHAT IS THE TRUE DEFINITION OF AN APPRAISAL?
The North American Conference of Appraisal Organizations defines an appraisal as:
“A written statement, independently and impartially prepared by a qualified appraiser, setting forth an opinion of defined value of an adequately described property,as of a specific date, supported by the presentation and analysis of relevant market information.”
Cautionary Note: Free estimates and “appraisals” from auction houses are not recognized as valid appraisals by the IRS and a recent United States Tax Court ruling (Kollsman v. Commissioner T.C.Memo 2017-40) stated that an auction house appraisal result was invalid due to “Conflict of Interest.” The 2017 ruling was upheld in 2019 by the 9th Circuit Court.
Please beware of individuals who are acting as “appraisers” who offer to buy your work of art or collection and companies or individuals that offer free or bargain basement priced appraisals who are looking to purchase or consign your valuable work of art.
WHO EXACTLY IS A PROFESSIONALLY QUALIFIED APPRAISER?
Standards for professional personal property appraisal practice are set by The Appraisal Foundation (TAF) the only organization authorized to do so by the United States Congress.
Our Director Mark Alexander is a trained and tested fully Accredited Member of The International Society of Appraisers ( Member # 205261). The International Society of Appraisers specializes in the appraisal of Personal Property and is recognized by both The North American Conference of Appraisal Organizations and The Appraisal Foundation, Washington, D.C.
All of our fine art appraisals are conducted and our report documents are written in accordance with The Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice (USPAP) guidelines established by The Appraisal Foundation and the International Society of Appaisers Report Writing Standards and Code of Ethics. Our appraisal reports are IRS compliant and meet the current eligibility standards and required professional qualifications in regard to accreditation and credentials.
Art Services 2000 Ltd. has been selected as a CHUBB Personal Insurance Preferred Services Provider
WHAT IS THE CORRECT DESCRIPTION OF WORKS OF ART ?
Our art appraisal report documents adhere to the internationally accepted J. Paul Getty Trust Object ID Guidelines for the description and photographic documentation of art objects. This is the international standard recognized by UNESCO, INTERPOL, The Federal Bureau of Investigation, (FBI), Scotland Yard, ICOM and many other international cultural and law enforcement organizations and agencies.
PLEASE RESEARCH THE CREDENTIALS OF ANYONE YOU HIRE TO VALUE YOUR PROPRETY