924 Lincoln Road, Miami Beach, FL 33139
Hours: Monday – Friday, Noon – 6pm and Saturday – Sunday, 1-6pm
* PARALLELS AND PERIPHERIES is an exhibition series curated by Larry Ossei-Mensah that investigates how eight artists create work constructed from narratives, myths, and memories that shape personal, political and societal identities. Bethany Collins, Lizania Cruz, Genevieve Gaignard, Susan Lee-Chun, Joiri Minaya, Jamilah Sabur, Saya Woolfalk, and Kennedy Yanko, through December 16, 2018
Bakehouse Art Complex
561 NW 32nd Street, Miami, FL 33127, 305-576-2828
Home to more than 50 artist studios.
Hours: Noon – 5pm Daily
Thursday morning December 6th, 9am – 11am, Open studios and Coffee.
* COLLECTIVITY, a site-specific, juried exhibition curated by Quinn Harrelson, featuring new works by Bakehouse artists Domingo Castillo, Robert Chambers, Cara Dodge, A.G., Christina Pettersson, Midnight Thrift, Michelle Lisa Polissaint, Midnight Thrift, Sterling Rook and Nicole Salcedo, and Troy Simmons. November 3 – March 1, 2019
The Bass Museum of Art
2100 Collins Avenue (between 21st & 22nd), Miami Beach, FL 305-673-7530
Hours: Wednesday – Sunday, 10-5pm
Admission: $10 Adults, $5 Students and Seniors
* The Hass Brothers – Ferngully, December 5 – April 21, 2019
* Paola Pivi – Art With A View, through March 10, 2019
* Aaron Curry – Tune Yer Head, through April 21, 2019
CIFO Cisneros Fontanals Art Foundation
1018 North Miami Avenue, Miami, FL 33136, 305-455-3380
Special Hours during Miami Art Week: December 4-9, 9am-3pm
* Plural Domains: Selected Works from the CIFO Collection
de la Cruz Collection
23 NE 41st Street, Miami, FL 33137, 305-576-6112
Hours: Tuesday – Saturday, 10-4pm
Special Hours during Miami Art Week: December 5, 9am-8pm and December 5-9, 9am-6pm
Fairchild Tropical Botanic Garden
10901 Old Cutler Road, Coral Gables, FL 33156, 305-667-1651
Hours: 9:30 – 4:30pm Daily
Admission: $25 Adults, $12 Students, $18 Seniors
Haitian Heritage Museum
4141 NE 2nd Avenue, Miami, FL 33137, 305-371-5988
Hours: Tuesday – Friday 10-5pm
Admission $10 Adults, $7 Students.
* Digital Media of the Caribbean – Featured Artist Babette de Waele.
* Rites of Passage – A focus on five cultures.
Institute of Contemporary Art, Miami (ICA Miami)
61 NE 41st Street, Miami, FL 33137 (Design District), 305-901-5272
Hours: Tuesday – Sunday, 11-7pm
Admission: Free with online reservation.
Special Hours during Miami Art Week.
* Larry Bell: Time Machines, November 1 – March 10, 2019
* Manuel Solano: I Don’t Wanna Wait For Our Lives To Be Over, Nov 1 – April 14, 2019
* Judy Chicago: A Reckoning, December 4 – April 21, 2019
* William N. Copley: The Coffin They Carry You Off In, Dec 4 – May 12, 2019
* Louise Bourgeois, through January 6, 2019
* Robert Gober, through February 24, 2019
Jewish Museum of Florida – FIU
301 Washington Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33139, 305-672-5044
Hours: Tuesday – Sunday 10-5pm.
Admission: $12 Adults, $8 Students & Seniors
* Daniel Chimowitz: Walking Canvases, through February 3, 2019
* The Art of the Lithograph, November 7 – March 3, 2019
Prints by Alexander Calder, Marc Chagall, Jim Dine, Don Eddy, R.B. Kitaj, Lee Krasner, Roy Lichtenstein, Camille Pissarro, and Robert Motherwell.
3852 North Miami Avenue, Miami FL 33127, 305-576-8570
Hours: Tuesday – Saturday, 11-5pm
* Bethany Collins: The Litany, November 17 – January 26, 2019
* Michael Loveland: In Process [Civic Sculpture], November 17 – January 26, 2019
* Jibade Khalil Huffman: Means “I Love You” in Italics, December 4 – February 16, 2019
Lowe Art Museum
1301 Stanford Drive, Coral Gables, FL 33124, 305-284-3535
Hours: Tuesday – Saturday, 10-4pm, Sunday, Noon-4pm Admission: $12.50 Adults, $8 Students and Seniors
Brunch and Talk on Sunday, December 9th, 10am – Noon.
* Yousuf Karsh: American Portraits,through January 20, 2019
* Giampaola Seguso: My Page Is Glass, through January 27, 2019
* Studio Glass from the Florence & Robert Werner Collection, through Jan 27, 2019
Margulies Collection at the Warehouse
591 NW 27th Street, Miami, FL 33127, 305-576-1051
Special Hours during Miami Art Week, Monday – Saturday, 9am-6pm, Sunday, 9am-2pm
Admission is $10 all proceeds benefit the Lotus Village
Museum of Art + Design at Miami Dade College
Freedom Tower, 600 Biscayne Blvd., 305-237-7700
Hours: Wednesday – Fridays & Sunday, 1-6pm, Saturdays, 1-8pm
Admission: $12 Adults, $8 Seniors, $5 Students
* William Kentridge: More Sweetly Play the Dance, through January 20, 2019
* Superflex: We Are All In The Same Boat, November 15 – April 21, 2019
Museum of Contemporary Art, North Miami
770 NE 125th Street, North Miami, FL 33161, 305-893-6211
Hours: Tuesday – Friday, 10-5pm, Saturday – Sunday, 11-5pm
Miami Art Week, Monday – Friday, 9:30-6pm, Saturday – Sunday, 10-5pm
Admission: $5 Adults, $3 Students & Seniors
* AfriCOBRA: Messages to the People, November 27 – April 7, 2019
An artist reception will take place on Thursday, Dec 6th, from 8-11pm with an admission cost of $30 to the general public, free to Art Basel Miami Beach VIP ticket holders, MOCA members and North Miami residents.
National YoungArts Foundation
2100 Biscayne Boulevard, Miami, FL 33137, 800-970-2787
Hours: Tuesday – Friday, 10-4pm
* Education as the Practice of Freedom, an exhibition curated by Jasmine Wahi, through December 9, 2018
Patricia & Phillip Frost Art Museum
Florida International University, 10975 SW 17th ST, Miami, FL 33199, 305-348-2890
* Annual Breakfast in the Sculpture Park: most likely, Sunday, Dec 9, 2018, 9:30am – 12:30pm
* The Writing on the Wall: Hank Willis Thomas and Dr. Baz Dreisinger, through December 8, 2018
* Relational Undercurrents – Contemporary Art of the Caribbean Archipelago, through January 13, 2019
Pérez Art Museum Miami (PAMM)
1103 Biscayne Blvd., Miami, FL 33132, 305-375-3000
Hours: Monday – Tuesday 10-6pm, Wednesday Closed, Thursday 10-9pm, Friday – Sunday 10-6pm
Admission: $16 Adults, $12 Seniors, $12 Students
The museum has extended hours during Miami Art Week, and is free on Thursday, December 6th, from 9am to 5pm and on Saturday December 8th from 9am to 6pm.
* Christo & Jeanne Claude: Surrounded Islands A Documentary Exhibition, through Feburary 17, 2019
* Hew Locke: For Those in Peril on the Sea, through September 1, 2019
* Felice Godin: Invasive Species, through January 1, 2019
* Lynne Golob Gelfman: Grids, through April 21, 2019
* Arthur Jafa: Love is the Message, the Message is Death, through April 21, 2019
Rubell Family Collection / Contemporary Arts Foundation
95 NW 29th Street, Miami, FL 33127, 305-573-6090
Hours: Special hours during Miami Art Week, currenly closed for installation.
Admission: $10 Adults, $5 Students and Seniors
* Purvis Young, December 3 – June 29, 2019
* New Acquisitions – Paintings and sculptures acquired within the last two years. Each of the 20 artists will be represented by multiple works in their own room. The exhibition will include new large-scale paintings created by Jonathan Lyndon Chase during his 2018 off-site residency. Other artists includes Janiva Ellis, Tomm El-Saieh, Martha Jungwirth, Rudolf Polanszky and Tschabalala Self, December 3 – June 29, 2019.
Vizcaya Museum & Gardens
33251 South Miami Avenue, Miami, FL 33129, 305-250-9133
Hours: Wednesday – Monday, 9:30-4:30pm, closed Tuesdays.
Admission: $22 Adults, $16 Seniors, $15 Students
A great place to get outside and enjoy the Florida weather.
2520 NW 2nd Avenue, Miami, FL 33127. Conceived by the renowned community revitalizor and placemaker Tony Goldman in 2009. He was looking for something big to transform the warehouse district of Wynwood, and he arrived at a simple idea: “Wynwood’s large stock of warehouse buildings, all with no windows, would be my giant canvases to bring to them the greatest street art ever seen in one place.” Starting with the 25th-26th Street complex of six separate buildings, his goal was to create a center where people could gravitate to and explore, and to develop the area’s pedestrian potential.
Hours: Most of the time.
Florida International U., 1001 Washington AVE, Miami Beach, FL 33139, 305-531-1001
Hours: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday 10-6pm, Friday 10-9pm, Sunday Noon-6pm
Special Hours during Miami Art Week.
Admission: $12 Adults, $8 Students and Seniors
* The Art of Labor, through August 11, 2019
* Wit as Weapon: Satire and the Great War, through January 13, 2019
* Frank Brangwyn: Bringing the Empire Home, through May 27, 2019