ART MIAMI RETURNS FOR 29TH EDITION ALONG WITH 7TH EDITION OF CONTEXT ART MIAMI, FEATURING INTERNATIONAL GALLERIES, INVESTMENT QUALITY BLUE CHIP & CONTEMPORARY WORKS, INNOVATIVE SPECIAL PROJECTS AND PHILANTHROPIC PARTNERSHIPS.
December 4 – 9th, 2018
(MIAMI, FL – November 16, 2018) – Art Miami, America’s foremost contemporary and modern art fair, and its sister fair CONTEXT Art Miami will return for their respective 29th and 7th installments at Art Week in Miami, Florida. This year’s fairs will kick-off on Tuesday, December 4th with a private VIP preview evening, before opening to the public on December 5th and continuing through December 9th.
The Platinum VIP Preview will take place on December 4th from 4:30PM – 5:30PM to benefit the Pérez Art Museum Miami (PAMM), sponsored by Christie’s International Real Estate. This will be the first opportunity for collectors, curators, museum professionals, interior designers and art world luminaries to acquire the finest investment quality modern and contemporary works by established, emerging, and cutting-edge artists from more than 250 international galleries. The VIP Preview will then continue for all VIP cardholders from 5:30PM to 10PM. For the second year, the fairs will be held at the prestigious waterfront location of One Miami Herald Plaza on Biscayne Bay, within walking distance of Museum Park and The Adrienne Arsht Center for the Performing Arts, nestled between the Venetian and MacArthur Causeways in the heart of Downtown Miami.
On Thursday, December 6th, Art Miami and Chef Daniel Boulud will host a special four-course dinner with wine pairings to celebrate Art Miami 2018 Lifetime Visionary Award recipients Mr. and Mrs. Dennis and Debra Scholl for their contributions to the cultural landscape of Miami. A portion of the proceeds from the evening’s dinner will benefit the Perry J. Cohen Foundation (www.PJCF.org). Limited Seating. Tickets available to purchase here.
ART MIAMI SPECIAL PROJECTS & EVENTS
· The New York Academy of Art will present an exhibition curated by Academy Trustee Brooke Shields and President David Kratz. The drawings, paintings and sculpture have all been created by alumni of the Academy’s MFA program including Will Kurtz, Naomi Nakazato, Esteban Ocampo-Giraldo, Elliot Purse, James Razko, Nicolas V. Sanchez, Stephen Shaheen, Chie Shimizu, Kathy Stecko, Jiannan Wu and Gabriel Zea. New York Academy of Art is a nonprofit educational and cultural institution that combines intensive technical training in the fine arts with active critical discourse. Through major exhibitions, a robust lecture series and an ambitious curriculum, the Academy serves as a creative and intellectual center for all artists dedicated to highly skilled, conceptually aware figurative and representational art. A curator’s reception will be held at their booth on Thursday December 6th at 5pm. nyaa.edu
· Christie’s International Real Estate, the world’s leading luxury network, is once again the main sponsor of the fair and will host an interactive booth at Art Miami showcasing top properties from around the world, in conjunction with their top affiliates. christiesrealestate.com
· CHUBB will host an interactive on-site booth at the fair with contemporary artists, where they will create a work representing the theme of Protecting Your Passion. Artists include the likes of Peter Anton, Martin Tardy, Danny Minnick, Alonsa Guevara, ABH and more. Planning on purchasing that special addition to your collection at Art Miami? If you’re a Chubb client, your new piece may be automatically protected depending on your coverage. Check with your agent or visit expectmore.chubb.com for more information.
· UNLEASHED is a non-profit organization founded by jeweler and donor activist Kara Ross. UNLEASHED has created an interactive augmented reality experience for Art Miami 2018 featuring one of the main subjects from the #ConnectingThread film series on Refinery29.com, celebrating entrepreneurship and creativity. unleashed-world.com
· JW Marriott Marquis Miami and Hotel Beaux Arts, the official luxury hotels of Art Miami, will host a special exhibition in the hotel lobby of emerging and mid-career international talents, in conjunction with the fair. Works include Frederico Uribe’s bullet shell animal sculptures, Giraffe (2018) and Panda Bear (2018), presented by Adelson Galleries of New York, as well as a selection of Alex Katz’s Shopper series, presented by Nikola Rukaj Gallery of Toronto. Exclusive room rates available at turontravel.com.
· Pérez Art Museum Miami (PAMM) will once again be the philanthropic benefactor of the VIP Previews for Art Miami and CONTEXT Art Miami. Pérez Art Museum Miami promotes artistic expression and the exchange of ideas, advancing public knowledge and appreciation of art, architecture and design, and reflecting the diverse community of its pivotal geographic location at the crossroads of the Americas. Complimentary admission to PAMM is available to all Art Miami and CONTEXT Art Miami VIP cardholders on Monday, December 3rd through Sunday, December 9th. pamm.org
· Gallery Wendi Norris (San Francisco) and Art Miami are proud to collaborate in support of Mosaic Miami, a local non-profit arts community resource center located in Miami’s historic Little Haiti neighborhood. Art Miami will feature Drawn Below, a video by artist Ana Teresa Fernández. The partnership will call attention to this important intergenerational arts center so that patrons of the arts can help the venue continue its programming in this underserved community.
· Little Kids Rock is a national nonprofit dedicated to transforming lives by restoring, expanding, and innovating music education in schools. They provide free, weekly music lessons to over 400,000 public school children annually through the efforts of 2,500 teachers in nearly 400 school districts nationwide. To date, they have served more than 850,000 students. Little Kids Rock will have students performing in the cafe during the VIP Preview from 6pm – 8pm. Learn more at littlekidsrock.org.
· Artsy.net is the official online partner of Art Miami, CONTEXT and Aqua. Collectors and art enthusiasts can use Artsy to browse exhibitor booths, make sales inquiries on available art works, and access fair information online via Artsy.net and the Artsy app for iPhone and iPad. Artsy’s exclusive online previews will launch in advance of the fairs with a special first-look for press and VIPs on November 27th and to the public on November 28th. artsy.net
· Young At Art Museum will exhibit an immersive art space for fairgoers’ children ages 6-12, based on YAA’s upcoming exhibition ArtCade. Once inside, kids will have the opportunity to create digital artwork through hands-on projects led by educators from the Young At Art Institute and experience interactive artworks by contemporary artists. For more information and pre-registration, visit youngatartmuseum.org/communityoutreach.
CONTEXT ART MIAMI SPECIAL PROJECTS AND EVENTS
· CONTEXT Art Miami Special Presentations will highlight the work of multidisciplinary international artists that explore bold and responsive subjects. Through global conversation, the selected group examines contemporary issues with a unique voice:
- Cecilia Paredes | The Light Gallery (Medellin)
- Christian Voigt | Lucia Mendoza Galeria de Arte (Madrid)
- Elio Rodriguez | 532 Gallery Thomas Jaeckel (New York)
- Eric Zener | Gallery Henoch (New York)
- Estefanía Martín Saénz | Gema LLamazares Galeria (Gijon)
- George Rouy | Anna Zorina Gallery (New York)
- Kangi Connie Wang | Z Gallery (Vancouver)
- Lyle Owerko | Art Angels (Los Angeles | Miami)
- Marcolina Dipierro | DS Projects (Miami)
- Maria Agureeva | Galerie Isabelle Lesmeister (Regensburg)
- Mario Soria | N2 Galería (Barcelona)
- Nikoleta Sekulovic | Rebecca Hossack Gallery (London)
- Rafa Macarron | Galeria Casa Cuadrada (Bogota)
- Susan Chrysler White | Kim Foster Gallery (New York)
- Meredith Pardue | Laura Rathe Fine Art (Houston – Dallas)
- Victor Ehikhamenor | Rele Gallery (Lagos)
· CONTEXT Sculpture Park is a dynamic curated program of installations and sculptures by artists represented by CONTEXT’s 2018 exhibitors. The program will present experimental and innovative developments in contemporary sculpture throughout the fair’s public outside areas. The CONTEXT Pavilion will display work from Kenor Romero presented by N2 Galería, Kim In Tae presented by Liquid art system, Stefan Yordanov presented by Retrospect Galleries. The CONTEXT Outside Public Area will display work from Jimenez Deredia presented by Galería Alfredo Ginocchio, Julian Voss-Andreae presented by HOHMANN, KAI presented by Markowicz Fine Art, Kim In Tae presented by Liquid art system, and WhIsBe presented by Art Angels.
· CONTEXT Video is an energetic curated program for video art, experimental film, and moving image works by artists represented by 2018 exhibitors. The program will present a contemporary view on the medium and will be shown within the main floor of the fair. Find out more information at contextartmiami.com
· CONTEXT Sound Positions started at the fair in 2014, and is a strong platform for the presentation of Sound Art in the fair editions in Miami and New York. This year’s Sound Positions is curated by Contour Editions, creating an immersive and intimate experience for listening to works by emerging and established sound artists. The program will be presented within the main floor of the fair. Artists include Andy Graydon, Cecilia Lopez, and Merche Blasco. Find out more at contextartmiami.com and www.contoureditions.com.
Running from December 4th through 9th, Art Miami and CONTEXT Art Miami attract more than 85,000 attendees annually, and expect to exceed this number this year. The fairs offer an unprecedented level of convenience and a renewed connectivity to the activities and collectors on Miami Beach with accessible parking, a complimentary shuttle service between the fairs and JW Marriott Marquis Miami and Hotel Beaux Arts, and Pérez Art Museum Miami (PAMM).
Art Miami will continue to feature amenities that improve the guests experience, and allow visitors to spend an entire day at the fairs. There are six hospitality areas including a waterfront café, an indoor café, outdoor dining space, cocktail lounge, and an outside cocktail deck overlooking beautiful Biscayne Bay.
2018 ART MIAMI EXHIBITOR LIST
313 ART PROJECT | Seoul; Absolute Art | Lugano; Acacia Gallery | La Habana; Adelson Galleries | Boston; Allan Stone Projects | New York; AMS-XS | Santiago; Amy Li Gallery | Beijing; Andrea Schwartz Gallery | San Francisco; Andreas Binder Gallery |Munich; Arcature Fine Art | Palm Beach; ARCHEUS / POST-MODERN | London; Art Nouveau Gallery | Miami; ART PARK | Seoul; Arthur Roger Gallery | New Orleans; ARTITLEDcontemporary | Amsterdam; Artscape Lab |Miami; Ascaso Gallery | Miami; Avant Gallery | Miami; Bernice Steinbaum Gallery | Miami; Berry Campbell | New York; BOCCARA ART | New York; Bowman Sculpture | London; C. Grimaldis Gallery | Baltimore; C24 Gallery | New York; Casterline|Goodman Gallery | Aspen; Catherine Edelman Gallery | Chicago; Caviar20 | Toronto; Cernuda Arte | Coral Gables; CHASE CONTEMPORARY | New York; Christopher Cutts Gallery | Toronto; Clark Gallery | Lincoln; Contessa Gallery | Cleveland; Cynthia Corbett Gallery | London; David Benrimon Fine Art | New York; David Klein Gallery | Detroit; DEAN PROJECT | Miami Beach; Debra Force Fine Art |New York; Diana Lowenstein Gallery | Miami; DIE GALERIE | Frankfurt; Durban Segnini Gallery | Miami; Eduardo Secci Contemporary | Florence; Emmanuel Fremin Gallery | New York; Erik Thomsen Gallery | New York; Espace Meyer Zafra | Paris; Ethan Cohen Gallery | New York; Fabien Castanier Gallery | Miami; FREDERIC GOT | Paris; Galeria de Arte Ascaso | Caracas; Galería Freites| Caracas; GALERÍA LA COMETA | Bogota; Galeria Miquel Alzueta | Barcelona; Galería RGR+ART | Mexico City; Galerie Barbara von Stechow | Frankfurt; Galerie Bhak |Seoul; Galerie de Bellefeuille | Montreal; Galerie Ernst Hilger | Vienna; Galerie Forsblom | Helsinki; Galerie Francesco Vangelli de’Cresci | Paris; Galerie Pascal Lansberg | Paris; Galerie Raphael | Frankfurt; GALERIE ROTHER WINTER | Wiesbaden; Galerie Terminus | Munich; Galerie von Braunbehrens | Stuttgart; GALLERIA CA’ D’ORO | New York; Galerie Sylvia Kovacek | Vienna; Gibbons & Nicholas | Dublin; Gilden’s Art Gallery | London; Goya Contemporary Gallery | Baltimore; Grosvenor Gallery | London; HELENE BAILLY GALLERY | Paris; Heller Gallery | New York; Helwaser Gallery | New York City; HEXTON | modern and contemporary | Chicago; Holden Luntz Gallery | Palm Beach; Hollis Taggart Galleries | New York; HORRACHMOYA | Palma; James Goodman Gallery | New York; JanKossen Contemporary | New York; Jean Albano Gallery |Chicago; Jerald Melberg Gallery | Charlotte; Jerome Zodo Gallery | London; JONATHAN FERRARA GALLERY | New Orleans; Jonathan Novak Contemporary Art | Los Angeles; Keumsan Gallery | Seoul; Kuckei + Kuckei | Berlin; Landau Contemporary at Galerie Dominion | Montreal; Laurent Marthaler Contemporary | Montreux; Leeahn Gallery | Daegu; Leehwaik Gallery | Seoul; Leslie Feely | New York; LICHT FELD Gallery | Basel; Liquid art system | Capri; Long-Sharp Gallery | Indianapolis; Louis K. Meisel Gallery | New York; Lyndsey Ingram | London; MA2 Gallery | Shibuya-ku; Maddox Gallery | London; Marina Gisich Gallery | Saint Petersburg; Mark Borghi Fine Art | Palm Beach; MARK HACHEM | Paris; Markowicz Fine Art | Miami; Masterworks Fine Art | Oakland; Maybaum Gallery | San Francisco; McCormick Gallery | Chicago; Michael Goedhuis | London; Michael Schultz Gallery | Berlin; Nancy Hoffman Gallery | New York; NanHai Art | Millbrae; Nikola Rukaj Gallery | Toronto; Olga Korper Gallery | Toronto; Omer Tiroche Gallery | London; Onishi Gallery | New York; OPERA GALLERY | Miami; Osborne Samuel | London; Pablo Goebel Fine Arts | Mexico City; Paik Hae Young Gallery | Seoul; Pan American Art Projects | Miami; PLACIDO / SCOGNAMIGLIO | Milan; Polka Galerie | Paris; Pontone Gallery | London; Priveekollektie Contemporary Art | Design | Heusden aan de Maas; PYO Gallery | Seoul; RANIVILU ART GALLERY | Miami; Richard Levy Gallery | Albuquerque; Robert Fontaine Gallery | Miami; Rosenbaum Contemporary | Miami; Rosenberg & Co. | New York; Rosenfeld Gallery | New York; RUDOLF BUDJA GALLERY | Miami Beach; Schacky | Düsseldorf; Sims Reed Gallery | London; Skipwiths | London; Sladmore | London; Smith-Davidson Gallery | Miami; SOUL ART SPACE | Busan; Sous Les Etoiles Gallery | New York; Spanierman Modern|New York; SPONDER GALLERY | Boca Raton; Sundaram Tagore Gallery| Singapore; TAI Modern | Santa Fe; Tansey Contemporary | Denver; taubert contemporary | Berlin; Taylor | Graham | New York; Tresart | Miami; UNIX Gallery | New York; Vallarino Fine Art | New York; VERTES| Zurich; Vertu Fine Art | Boca Raton; Vivian Horan Fine Art | New York; Waltman Ortega Fine Art | Miami; Wanrooij Gallery | Amsterdam; Watanuki Ltd. | Toki-no-Wasuremono | Tokyo; Waterhouse & Dodd | New York; Wellside Gallery | Seoul; Wexler Gallery | Philadelphia; William Shearburn Gallery | St. Louis; William Weston Gallery | London; Yares Art | Santa Fe; Yufuku Gallery | Tokyo; Zemack Contemporary Art | Tel Aviv; Zolla/Lieberman Gallery | Chicago
2018 CONTEXT ART MIAMI EXHIBITOR LIST
3 Punts Galeria | Barcelona; 532 Gallery Thomas Jaeckel | New York; Able Fine Art NY Gallery | New York; Ai Bo Gallery | Westchester; Alida Anderson Art Projects | Washington; Analog Contemporary | Philadelphia; ANNA ZORINA GALLERY | New York; ANSORENA | Madrid; Art Angels | Los Angeles; ART DESIGN GALLERY | Guéthary; ArtLabbé Gallery | Coral Gables; Avenue des Arts | Los Angeles; Bel Air Fine Art | Miami; Bivins Gallery | Dallas; Black Book Gallery | Denver; BLANK SPACE | New York; Bruce Lurie Gallery | Los Angeles; Cantor Fine Art | Venice Beach; Cavalier Galleries | New York; Chiefs & Spirits | The Hague; CHUNG JARK GALLERY | Seoul; Connect Contemporary | Atlanta; Contempop Gallery | New York; Counterpoint Contemporary | Bridgehampton; Cube Gallery | London; Denise Bibro Fine Art | New York; DS Projects | Miami; Duane Reed Gallery | Saint Louis; DURAN | MASHAAL | Montreal; Estudio Arte Contemporaneo | La Habana; ETERNITY GALLERY | Miami; FP Contemporary | Los Angeles; FREDERIC GOT | Paris; Gabriel Wickbold Studio and Gallery | Sao Paulo; Galería Alfredo Ginocchio | Ciudad de México; Galería Casa Cuadrada | Bogotá; Galeria Contrast | Barcelona; GALERIA LGM | Bogotá; GALERIE BENJAMIN ECK | Munich; GALERIE ISABELLE LESMEISTER | Regensburg; Galerie LeRoyer | Montreal; Galerie Matthew Namour | Montreal; Galeries Bartoux | Paris; GALLERIA STEFANO FORNI | Bologna; Gallery Aurora | Yang-san; Gallery G-77 | Kyoto; Gallery Henoch | New York; GALLERY JUNG | Seoul; Gallery TABLEAU | Seoul; GAMA GALLERY | Istanbul; GEMA LLAMAZARES | Gijón; Hang Art | San Francisco; Hashimoto Contemporary | San Francisco; HAVOC Gallery | Burlington; HEITSCH GALLERY| Munich; Hernandez Art Gallery | Milan; Heron Arts | San Francisco; HOHMANN | Palm Desert; Juan Silió Gallery | Santander; K+Y Gallery | Paris; Kim Foster Gallery | New York; Laura Rathe Fine Art | Houston; Lawrence Fine Art | Lawrence; Liquid art system | Capri; Lucía Mendoza | Madrid; MAC | Milan; Markowicz Fine Art | Miami; Momentum Gallery | Asheville; N2 Galería | Barcelona; NIL GALLERY |Paris; NINE Gallery | Gwangju; Oliver Cole Gallery | Miami; Peninsula Fine Art | Guanacaste; Projects Gallery | Miami; Rebecca Hossack Art Gallery | New York; Rele Gallery | Lagos; Retrospect Galleries | Byron Bay; RHODES | London; Ronen Art Gallery | Amsterdam; SASHA D espacio de arte |Córdoba; Sergott Contemporary Art Alliance |Rancho Santa Fe; Simons Gallery | The Hague; Spoke Art | New York; STOA | Estepona; TAMBARAN 2 |New York; Tauvers Gallery international | Kyiv; ten|Contemporary |Nevada City; The Light Gallery | Medellin; URGEL | FLECHA | Madrid; Vitavie Gallery | Toronto; VK Gallery | Amsterdam; Want Art Gallery | New York; Whitewall Contemporary | Delray Beach; Woolff Gallery| London; Z GALLERY ARTS | Vancouver; ZK Gallery | San Francisco.
SPONSORS & PARTNERS
The 2018 VIP Preview Beneficiary is the Pérez Art Museum Miami (PAMM). The 2018 Sponsors and Partners are: Christie’s International Real Estate, CHUBB Insurance, Artsy.net, JW Marriott Marquis Miami and Hotel Beaux Arts Miami, Boulud Sud, Moët & Chandon Champagne, Resorts World Bimini, UNLEASHED, New York Academy of Art, ARTIKA, Spuntino Catering, Little Kids Rock, Tito’s Handmade Vodka, La Croix Sparkling Water, Boca Raton Museum of Art, The Bass Museum, Independent Collectors, Institute of Contemporary Art Miami (ICA), Museum of Contemporary Art, Modern Luxury, Miami Herald, Art Nexus, Art Circuits, GMCVB, Selecta Magazine, Art Districts/Art Pulse, Art Hive, Arts and Antiques, GRØSS Magazine, Create! Magazine, Palm Beach Illustrated, Art and Culture, and Quest.
Moët & Chandon Champagne is the Official Champagne sponsor of Art Miami and CONTEXT Art Miami. Moët & Chandon will offer champagne to Platinum VIP guests during the Platinum Preview and have a special Champagne Bar throughout the fair. LaCroix is the official sparkling water partner sponsor of Art Miami and CONTEXT Art Miami. Tito’s Handmade Vodka is the Official Vodka of Art Miami.
HOURS AND LOCATION
· Opening Night Platinum VIP Preview | Tuesday, Dec 4: 4:30PM – 5:30PM
· Opening Night VIP Preview | Tuesday, Dec 4: 5:30PM – 10PM
· General Admission | Wednesday, Dec. 5 – Sat. Dec. 8, 11AM–8PM; Sunday, Dec. 9; 11AM–6PM
Location: The Art Miami Pavilion, One Herald Plaza @ NE 14th Street, Downtown Miami. On Biscayne Bay between the Venetian & MacArthur Causeways
To purchase tickets, go to universe.com/artmiamicontext2018. For more information, please call 1.800.376.5850, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.artmiami.com.
A courtesy shuttle from the fairs to the JW Marriott Marquis and the Perez Art Museum Miami will operate during fair hours.
VIP RELATIONS, MARKETING,
SPONSORS + PARTNERS
Pamela Cohen, Director of Marketing, VIP Relations & Sponsorship
Pamela@art-miami.com | T: (561) 322-5611
R. Couri Hay Creative PR | T: (212) 580-0835
Contact: Mimi Richman (Mimi@RCouriHayCPR.com)
Carma Connected | T: (305) 438-9200
Contact: Ashley Jimenez (ArtMiami@CarmaConnected.com)