ART WYNWOOD, MIAMI’S PREMIER WINTER ART FAIR, MARKS SEVENTH EDITION AT NEW WATERFRONT LOCATION
(Thursday, February 15 – Monday, February 19, 2018)
MIAMI, FL – (January 26, 2018) – Art Wynwood, the premier winter contemporary art fair produced by Art Miami, will return for its seventh edition fromFebruary 15 – 19. The annual Presidents Day Weekend fair will showcase a dynamic array of street art, murals, pop surrealism and other genres from both emerging and world-renowned contemporary and modern artists from the 20th and 21st centuries at its new location at One Herald Plaza in Downtown Miami, the site of the 2017 edition of Art Miami on Biscayne Bay; one of the most prestigious and well-known waterfront locations in the City of Miami.
The fair will open on Thursday evening at 6pm with a VIP Preview benefiting the Institute of Contemporary Art, Miami (ICA.) The fair is sponsored byChristie’s International Real Estate, “The Official Luxury Real Estate sponsor of Art Wynwood,” and together with its international affiliates, will host an elegant booth at the main entrance of the fair, showcasing luxury residential property offerings from around the world.
Art Wynwood brings a major contemporary art fair back to Miami for serious collectors and budding art enthusiasts to discover and acquire some of the most important works of the 20th and 21st centuries. This year’s fair highlights include artist Logan Hicks being honored with the fourth Art Wynwood Tony Goldman Lifetime Artistic Achievement Award which will be presented by Nick Korniloff, Vice President, Art Miami, and Jessica Goldman, CEO, Goldman Global Arts, during a private four-course dinner at the brand new Boulud Sud on Friday, February 16th. Limited seats available and to purchase tickets, click here. MICHALI GALLERY will present The Christ as Gardener by Édouard Manet, which is not dated but estimated to be from 1856 – 1860 and is valued at $4.3-million, and Todd Merrill Studio will present work by 94-year old Colombian artist Knox Martin that has not been viewed in public for decades. Martin is one of the last remaining members of the New York School and his work has been placed in more than 40 important museum collections in the U.S. and internationally. GALERIE ISABELLE LESMEISTER will present contemporary artists including Giulia Dall’Olio and Juan Eugenio Ochoa, whose work has never been shown in the United States. Additionally, Luis Valenzuela will present Lucky 7, the complete fashion collection he has created for Art Wynwood since the fairs inception.
Last year, Art Wynwood attracted more than 36,500 prominent collectors, curators, art advisors, designers, and art aficionados from around the world, and this year, the fair will continue on the heels of the success of Art Miami and CONTEXT Art Miami to draw notable attendees to the new waterfront location. The fair will offer a diverse selection of work from over 180 artists and 70 galleries representing more than a dozen countries, including Germany, Chile, Russia, Canada, France, the United Kingdom, The Republic of Korea, Switzerland and the United States.
“We are so proud to bring our innovative, global art fair to its new central waterfront location in Miami,” said Art Wynwood Director, Grela Orihuela. “This year’s fair is even more engaging and comprehensive for serious collectors and art enthusiasts alike, with broad opportunities to acquire international modern and contemporary work and discover hidden gems from emerging artists.”
Fair Highlights Include:
- ARTSY.NET is the Official Online Partner of Art Wynwood. Art enthusiasts can use Artsy to browse exhibitor booths, make inquiries on available art works, and access fair information online via Artsy.net and the Artsy app for iPhone & iPad. Artsy’s exclusive online previews will launch in advance of the fair with a special first-look for press and VIPs. For more information, visit artsy.net
- Christie’s International Real Estate, the world’s leading luxury network is a Main Sponsor of the Fair. Christie’s, together with its international affiliates, will host a booth at the main entrance of the fair, featuring luxury residential property offerings from around the world.
- Logan Hicks will be honored with the fourth Art Wynwood Tony Goldman Lifetime Artistic Achievement Award. The New York-based artist is known for using multiple layers of stencils to achieve photorealistic imagery. Called a painter with a photographer’s eye, Hicks’ work has largely focused on the perception of the urban environment, at times humanizing its architectural angles and structures, and at others using its vastness to explore identity, awe, and loneliness. Through an almost old masters approach to lighting, Hicks manipulates ordinary architectural scenes into deeply metaphorical and contemplative imagery, compounded with his usage of color in the studio. Hicks works can be found around the world, and in 2016, he was chosen as the featured artist for the historic Bowery Wall in New York City. His piece, The Story of my Life, was a five-layer stencil that incorporated over 800lbs of stencils.
- The INSTITUTE OF CONTEMPORARY ART, MIAMI (ICA MIAMI) is dedicated to promoting continuous experimentation in contemporary art, advancing new scholarships, and fostering the exchange of art and ideas throughout the Miami region and internationally. ICA Miami provides an important international platform for the work of local, emerging, and under-recognized artists, and advances the public appreciation and understanding of the most innovative art of our time. The museum is deeply committed to providing open, public access to artistic excellence by offering year-round free admission. For more information, please visit: icamiami.org
- “RAWK” by Jason Newsted presented by 55Bellechasse to benefit the Perry J. Cohen Foundation – Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductee, Jason Newsted presents an international exhibition of his contemporary art entitled “RAWK”. Fifty percent of proceeds from the exhibit will generously be donated to the Perry J. Cohen Foundation, an organization devoted to the advancement of the arts, environmental, marine and wildlife education and preservation, teenage entrepreneurship, and boating safety education. For more information, please visit: pjcf.org
- Special appearance and performance by JonOne presented by Fabien Castanier Gallery – From his early days tagging the streets of Harlem, JonOne has always emphasized a painterly approach, bringing brushes instead of spray cans to tag subway trains. Drawing from the energy and freedom of painting in an urban landscape, he translates his roots as a graffiti artist into paintings that are a completely unique form of abstract expressionism.
- ARTRAGEOUS KIDS CENTER – Miami Children’s Museum will provide a safe playroom on-site for children ages 3-13, who are introduced to art while their parents visit Art Wynwood under the supervision of the Miami Children’s Museum experienced staff. For info, contact Anais at 305-373-5437×124 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- JW Marriott Marquis Miami and Hotel Beaux Arts Miami – Official Luxury Hotels of Art Miami will host a special installation in their lobby highlighting works from participating Art Wynwood galleries from around the world.
In its new location, nestled between the Venetian Causeway and MacArthur Causeway, and just east of Biscayne Boulevard, Art Wynwood will offer an unprecedented level of convenience to and from Miami Beach while being located in the heart of the cultural epicenter of Miami. With the fair occurring at the same time as the 29th Annual Yachts Miami Beach, attendees will be provided with complimentary daily shuttle service between the two events. Parking and transportation options at the new location offer increased convenience with valet parking on opening night, and multiple parking garages located within one city block creating more than 4,000 combined parking spaces. A transportation center at the front of the fair will provide access for taxi’s, the shuttle bus and Ubers. In addition, a special parking lot will be reserved for private black car services.
To access fair images please click here.
The generous sponsors and partners include: Christie’s International Real Estate, Artsy.net, JW Marriott Marquis Miami and Hotel Beaux Arts Miami, INSTITUTE OF CONTEMPORARY ART, MIAMI (ICA MIAMI), Goldman Properties, Wynwood Walls, Boulud Sud, Spuntino Catering, Miami Herald, el Nuevo Herald, Perry J. Cohen Foundation, Around Town Magazine, Venü Magazine, Blouin Art Info, MIAMI magazine, Miami Children’s Museum, Culture Owl, Coral Gables Museum, Wynwood Radio, TWYLA, Resorts World, Whitespace – The Mordes Collection, FIU Jewish Museum of Florida, University of Miami Lowe Art Museum, Bourlet ArtLogistics, Uber, Bakehouse Art Complex, Luis Valenzuela, Harvard Business School Club of South Florida, and Turon Travel.
Fair Hours: Opening Night VIP Preview Thursday, Feb. 15: 6PM – 10PM. General Admission: Friday, Feb. 16 – Sunday, Feb. 18: 11AM – 7PM; Monday, Feb. 19: 11AM – 6PM
Location: The Art Wynwood Pavilion, One Herald Plaza @ NE 14th Street, Downtown Miami. On Biscayne Bay between the Venetian & MacArthur Causeways.
Tickets: $25 one-day pass. $55 multi-day pass. Students 12-18 & Seniors 62+ $15. VIP Preview Benefit: $200. For further information or tickets, please call 1.800.376.5850, email email@example.com or visit www.artwynwood.com.
- A courtesy shuttle service will run daily during fair hours provided for all ticket holders between Art Wynwood at Miami at One Herald Plaza and29th Annual Yachts Miami Beach on Collins Avenue, across from the Fontainebleau and Eden Roc hotels as well as The Official Hotel JW Marriot Marquis Miami.
- Uber Offer for All Attendees – Art Wynwood has teamed up with Uber to provide $20 off first ride (use code ARTAWFAIR) and up to $5 off first time POOL rides (use code AWUBERPOOL) to or from the Yachts Miami Beach and Art Wynwood. Valid for new Uber users only.
ART MIAMI LLC
Art Miami LLC is a partnership consisting of art and media industry veterans Nick Korniloff, Mike Tansey and Brian Tyler. In addition to three fairs during Miami Art Week, Art Miami, CONTEXT Art Miami and Aqua Art Miami, the company annually produces the Palm Beach Modern + Contemporary in January; Art Wynwood during Presidents Day weekend in February; and Art New York at Pier 94 in New York in May.
VIP RELATIONS, MARKETING, SPONSORS + PARTNERS
Pamela Cohen, Director of Marketing, VIP Relations & Sponsorship
- Couri Hay Creative Public Relations, T. (212) 580-0835.
Contacts: Mimi Richman at R. Couri Hay Creative PR